For applicants coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, they will need a student visa.
Applicant’s need an offer of a place from a New Zealand education provider and the offer must include:
- Name of the course and the minimum time required for completing it, and
- Proof that the course and course provider meet New Zealand’s requirements for international students, and
- Amount of the fee for the complete course, or if the course is longer than one year, the annual fee, and
- Whether the prospective student has to pay course fees and whether the fees are domestic or foreign fees, and
- Whether the applicant plans to studying full-time (20 hours a week or a minimum of three papers or equivalent a semester or part-time (less than 20 hours a week, or less than three papers a semester).